Saturday, April 28, 2007

A spoonfull of sugar ......

I enjoyed today's race up to the top of Sugar Loaf and back. I struggled a bit on the steeper climbs (there was about 1850ft of ascent in total) and had to stop a few more times than I would have liked but it was just too hard to breath deeply - besides I didn't drop too much time on those ahead of me when I did stop and walk.

I just managed to break the hour, 59:33, finishing in 11th place. I'm pleased with that because I wasn't sure I would manage it in light of this damn cold. All in all the Sugar Loaf was just what the doctor ordered and helped the medicine go down.

More from the Mad Runner's 12 point guide to keeping a healthy level of insanity ...
6) Sing along at the opera


And here, in record breaking time, is Episode 11: A Spoonfull Of Sugar




No comments:

Post a Comment