Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Booked 'em, Danno

The days off work. All set to go run some mileage in the mountains a couple of weeks.

I was going to try some mile reps tonight - I know I said I wasn't going to do much of that stuff anymore - and so it came to pass, as in the prophecy. Instead I peddled my way to 90 minutes on the bike while watching the Tour de France. I'm really enjoying it this year - the tour not the bike session, that was just plain tough. Especially the last thirty minutes. Quad busting as it was, I dripped all over the floor like a leaking tap. Mop, mop.

I feel a tinge of disappointment that I didn't hold my nerve and run the mile reps but in the longer term I reckon the time was better spent on the bike. Better, that is, for the endurance which is what I need. The speed - if it ever comes - can come later.

Up Thursday is the Sundayshill 10k, an alternate Chepstow Harriers championship race, organised by Thornbury RC. I won't run quick and I have a feeling it could be my slowest 10k for many years but who cares. So I'll try and steel myself for some training tomorrow night.

As to the Greenman Challenge pencilled - albeit loosely - for the weekend? I'm not sure I have a realistic chance of setting any sort of time and it could well end up as a long walk but if it's forecast to remain hot I'm not sure I'll even attempt it. I've really not managed to fit in any where near enough miles but I have at least managed a few longer runs - which I survived. And as I've not managed to recce any of the north sections either - so that's not going to make it any easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment