Tuesday, June 21, 2016

An Exemplary Lesson...

In how not to run a 5 mile-ish road race. As threatened I got over to Undy for the 2nd LCL road race of the season and set off, if I'm honest, like a complete dick. I was waaaay too quick through the first 2k. In fact the pace was faster than I've run at any point during the last six months - baring steep runnable downhill. I knew I couldn't sustain it, and by kilometre four the pace was really starting to fall off. The last couple of k's were painful hell. There is simply nowhere to hide and the pain only stops after you cross the line.

Taking a positive from such  poorly executed race, my average pace was 4:18min/km which is substantially quicker than anything I've achieved so far this year. Onwards and upwards...


No comments:

Post a Comment