Thursday, December 31, 2015

Thinking About Getting A Treadmill...

I know. I know. The ubiquitous treadmill is not exactly the training tool for the professional fell runner but I think I can make it work. I'm not looking at it with an eye to medium or long runs but in terms of interval/speed work, in a controlled, measurable environment I reckon it could work. Treadmill running isn't exactly like real running but in terms of getting into a habit - and I'm not talking nuns clothing - it could be my best chance of getting into a regular routine. The fact that I saw an internet clip today of Mo Farah completing a seventeen - yes! seventeen - mile treadmill session only strengthens the case! If it's good enough for the great man then no one can pooh pooh it - and before you ask, I already started to pen this post yesterday as a draft. The idea of a treadmill has been bubbling for a few days. I guess today's Mo Farah internet clip was a portent that it's meant to be...

So anyway, my arms and abs are aching so I decided to take a full rest day today - although I have been into work so it's not like I've spent the day in bed. I'll be back on it tomorrow - and you can take that to the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment