Tuesday, December 29, 2015

And Into The Sevens...

As I drove home thought's turned to training. I decided it was time to break back inside eight minutes for the 2000m row. Without any hesitation on arrival home I headed into the gym for the attempt. It had to be metronomic and steady. At 500m in I was on pace, just inside the target. By 1000m doubts began to creep in and the hardwork started. By 1500m I was beginning to breath really hard - not to mention starting to feel a bit faint - but from there it was just about hanging on. I pulled the last stroke to finish in 07:54.3 and it felt good - once I got my breath back. Then I dug out my records. My PB for the 2000m is 07:25.4 set way way back on the 5th of May 2005 - only need to find 30s from somewhere then...

Of course, I followed the row with forty five on the bike before the core strength work. Beginning to feel good about things. There is no sign of the sagging bits becoming less saggy yet but then it has only been eight days. 2016 could be the year....

No comments:

Post a Comment