Sunday, July 04, 2010

Got my arse in to gear

eventually.

I spent most of the morning moping around the house before I eventually came to the conclusion that I needed a run. Taking stock of the options; local - boring, Mendips - didn't float my boat today, Cotswolds - been there a few times lately, I plumped - that's a bloody amusing word - for a run along Offa's Dyke.

Having still not collected my things from Matthew L after the LAMM I gave him a call to see if he was in. He was and as a bonus he and Steve C were planning to run along the Dyke as well. So I packed my bags and headed over the Bridge - damn that toll fee.

We ran at an easy pace and chatted as we went, setting the world to rights. In all we ran about eight and a half miles with about 1,000 feet of ascent. It was a thoroughly pleasant run and the rain even had the decency to hold off until we got back in doors - which was nice.

It's the first time in years - literally - I've run that kind of session after a hard session the day before. I've really struggled to string back to back runs together and it was especially nice to have some company.

And for the record, today's route;

No comments:

Post a Comment