Saturday, July 24, 2010

Final prep

Well it's just under 16 hours to one of my favourite races, the Seaview 17. I don't know why it's one of my favourites but I guess the 20 miles of scenic running has something to do with it. The route winds its way along narrow paths, wider tracks and even wider heathland. Taking in woodland, fields - and that nasty last mile on the road - that's not the best bit, by the way. Nor is the getting up at six o'clock in the morning to get down there - oh, the sacrifice.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather will be kind, the wind remain calm and then we can all have an enjoyable romp. And maybe, just maybe, this year I won't go wrong. Both my previous attempts have resulted in a measure of error. Fingers crossed for third time lucky...

No comments:

Post a Comment