Monday, May 24, 2010

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly

One? Just one fly? I took three! Straight to the back of the throat. No chance of coughing back. Gone. On the plus side it was a much needed bit of protein for the journey home.

Still awaiting the new used wheels I made up my mind to run home from work and took the necessary kit with me in the morning. With my plan set, when that home time bell rang I donned my kit and zoomed out the door.

I headed up the A38 out of town (towards the airport) and picked up the Community Forest Path at the point it crosses the main road. From there I tried to follow the path all the way through to Norton Malreward. Despite my best endeavor I managed to go awry a few times but each time I managed to work out where I had erred. Once again the views where cracking.

It was slow going in the heat. Boy it was hot. Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot - here we go again. Hot, hot - anyway, to cut a long story short, think hot. In all I covered just over nine miles and 1,200 feet of ascent. The knee held out so it's a good start to the week - at least on the running front.

No comments:

Post a Comment