Sunday, May 02, 2010

Back home

After a long weekend we're finally home. It was good fun though. Helen came fifth in the womens race where as I didn't come fifth in the mens. I was pleased with my run though. I took it steady on the longest of the climbs to Wetherlam and then gained some places as I headed to Swirl How and Coniston Old Man before heading back down off the mountain.

I especially enjoyed the descent from the the Old Man, as having recced a fast route down on Friday, I gained half to a dozen places without trying - topper. As everyone else veered left back to the safety of the tourist track I stuck to my guns, tucked in tight to Colt Crag a took a direct line back to the main track, saving myself a lot of time in the process.

My time of 1:33 was inside my 1:40 target so I'm well pleased.

Glad to be back home now though as it's been a tiring few days.

The Coniston Fell Race and all it's 3,200feet ascent in 8 miles;

No comments:

Post a Comment