Friday, September 09, 2011

Ready, Steady...

I just hope that, come Sunday, all systems are GO. It's been a funny old week. I feel rested but tired. I've only done a few bike sessions - oh, and that road race - so I should be rested but somehow I don't feel quite right in a running sense. This week also saw in a very happy 100th for my Gran - but I ate a little too much food.

I'm looking forward to Sunday's Lake District Mountain Trial - although it might end up becoming the Lake District Mountain Ordeal. Not sure whether to use the bumbag or innov8 rucksack in the race. I guess conditions will dictate that but looking at the current forecast I reckon it'll be the rucksack - together with a few extra things. Let's face it, I'm hardly going to be puahing up things at the front of the field. If I lose a few minutes here and there because of the extra weight, so be it. I'm more determined to go steady, take my time and navigate carefully than run it too hard, wander around aimlessly and end up running myself into the ground. I have feeling, for me, the Trial is more about surviving than eye balls out...

No comments:

Post a Comment