Sunday, September 04, 2011

Home, Sweet Home

Been a good few days but equally its nice to get home and I've finally dried out - but it was touch and go for a while. The drive home was good too. Three hours twenty and almost no numpties. However, I've a mind too stand for parliment to legalise the use of stringer missiles on slow drivers. Drivers, who for no accountable reason, drive well under the official speed targets. Why would anyone drive at 35 in a 'national speed limit' zone? Legalised use of stinger missiles, that's the answer. Anyway, as I said, it's good to be home. Thoroughly bloody knackered now though and that's despite a sound night's kip.

Hopefully my navigation skills have been honed ahead of next Sunday's Lake District Mountain Trial. Going to have a look at RouteGadget tomorrow to try and get a feel for the kind of route the Trial will send us. What ever it throws at me, I'm sure I'll cope. The only thing I really would like, what I would really really like would be a dry day. Can't face another soaking...

And here, for posterity, is the slightly abridged Peris Horeseshoe route:-
As you can see, I got some pretty good lines - read no major cocks ups, navigation par excellent

No comments:

Post a Comment