Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pre-Flight Checks

Hat - check, gloves - check, waterproofs - check, torrential heavy rain forecast all day Sunday - check.... doh! At this stage it looks very much like it will be more of the same this weekend as last. Back to back wet races - that's not a precedent I want to set. Well in about three hours we - that's Matthew L, Pat W and me - will be starting the long drive up to the Lakes. Not something I relish but needs must and at least we are attempting to minimise are carbon footprint by car sharing. Minimising, that is, if you can call a five hundred mile round trip minimising! So, as inferred, the kit is packed. All the compulsory items are in the bag so to speak. I've decided on the rucksack so I'm not bothering taking the bumbug. The rucksack is more comfy any way as it doesn't bounce up and down quite so much. Well that's pretty much it. I'm ready to go stomp through bog, descend at break neck speed, climb every mountain and run through rivers deep...

No comments:

Post a Comment