Thursday, September 01, 2011

Another Tent With A View

And what a view. In fact, what a day. The sunshine is fantastic. Almost too hot. Scratch that, it was too hot - too hot for running - but I did anyway.

The first photo is my view east to Snowdon. The second, to the north, shows the summits, left to right, Elidir Fach (we skirt that in the race), Elidir Fawr, Y Garn and Glyder Fawr - to be traversed in the first half of Saturday's Peris Horseshoe fell race. And that's where I've been today.

Was a pretty good recce - even if, at 15 miles, it was a little too far. Not completely certain I took the best route to Elidir Fawr - might have to follow an Eryri runner on race day!

Across to Glyder Fawr was straightforward and I got a good descent down to Pen y Pass. Wasn't the most direct but I seemed to follow a path/trod for most of the way and it was pretty runnable. I think I'll try for that route in the race.

Then it was a plod back to Llanberis down the road :-( and now let the cooking begin...



No comments:

Post a Comment