Friday, February 18, 2011

Is Not...

...doing a exercise bike session tonight. What the hell is that all about! I might get withdrawal symptoms....

Starting on a happy note, I managed to get out for the planned lunch run. Even managed to drag Clive out with us (Martin and I). He's not been out with us for ages. Possibly more than a year so that was good. Hopefully we can coax him out a bit more.

We ran the flatter Malago route rather than the up over Dundry. I didn't want to get too far from the office in case the 'worst case scenario' occurred. Thankfully, on that front, the blister was alright. I wouldn't say it was pain free but it more slight discomfort rather than pain.

I'm pleased to have got it out the way. It gives me a more confidence that I'll be OK tomorrow on, the now confirmed, long run across stage 1 of the Traverse. It's an early start. We're meeting at mine at 6:45 and then heading over to the west Black Mountains for an 8:30 start. The forecast looks just about on the right side of decent but probably as good as we could hope for. Certainly looks a bit better than that fateful Thursday last week... I shall certainly be taping my foot - big stylie.

And continuing on a happy not - there isn't any unhappy today, it's strictly feel good, well, it is Friday - on the blister front I took off my Compeed, not knowing what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised - if one can be 'pleasantly' anything when looking at a manky blister. There has certainly been a lot healing going on but the very centre is still weeping a bit. It's a big improvement though so I slapped on another one to continue the good work. Compeed - I'm a believer...

No comments:

Post a Comment