Thursday, January 27, 2011

Heavenly Rays

What a glorious day for twenty miles and 6,000 feet of ascent in the mountains. It was cold though. Bloody cold. I had to wear my balaclava - but it's ok, not for anything sinister, just to keep out the cold - that's my story and I'm sticking to it - that and the fact that the mountains were packed with soldiers.

There was snow in the air all day but best of all the visibility was good. All in all, excellent conditions for a recce of the South Wales Traverse. I was able to take a good look around as I ran. I've never been as far west in the Black Mountains as I ventured today so it was great to get such a clear day to start familiarising myself with the area. And every now and then the clouds parted and for the briefest of moments I was bathed in glorious sunshine from up above. Heavenly.

Thoroughly bloody knackered now. Back home but not putting my feet up just yet. Got an ease down hour on the bike happening right now - and then it'll be feet up time. Been a good, good day. Onward and upwards, yeah baby, yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment