Sunday, January 23, 2011

Didn't Quite Go The Distance

But considering I almost didn't go run at all, twenty miles is better than zero.

So why the almost no show? Well, It didn't feel much at the time but I took a tumble yesterday by control thirteen. I spotted it in a dip while piling along slightly to its right. My attempted sudden change of direction didn't happen as I hit an icy patch. Came a right pearler. Sliding along my left side. Straight up and on I didn't really give it another thought. This morning, however, was a different story. Left leg pretty achy. Hence the reason I down graded to twenty miles and I kept it flattish with only 2000 feet of ascent.

Glad I got out there though. Lovely conditions, if a little boggy in places. The leg held up all right and I was round in two hours forty five. Finishing off with an ease down half hour on the bike. Been a good weekend, if a little quiet. Might crack open a bottle of wine later...

No comments:

Post a Comment