Monday, May 19, 2008

Not giving up

I just about managed to raise myself for a run. I was tempted by the Hogweed 10k but just couldn't lift my game sufficiently. I was then going to try for 90 minute steady - but couldn't muster for that either. I finally managed about 12k up over Dundry. Intended as a steady one but once underway I really couldn't be bothered. I just wanted it finished and upped the pace to get it over with as quick as possible. In the end it turned out to be my second quickest on the route - but that doesn't make me feel much better.

Thought for the day: Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're pleased to see you were able to get out for a run yestrday; the lads were quite worried about the despondent tone of Saturday's blog (since removed).
We don't know the reasons behind the gloom and despair, but know that you've got the strength to come through it.
I trust that you also know that you've got the support of the lads who you can call upon at any time.
See you soon.
R

Post a Comment