Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It didn't happen

Well it just didn't happen tonight. I don't know why but it just didn't.

I knew from the first kilometre that my legs just weren't going fast enough but I just couldn't make them go any quicker. It wasn't that I was desperately slow and nor was it a case of dying in the latter stages. I was just ran a consistent not quite quick enough tonight. Perhaps it points to the fact that I need to put in specific training - namely speed work, speed work, speed work. I was certainly strong at the finish - a chap from Westbury came onto my shoulder in the last 400m and I was able to kick - and kick strong - to stay ahead.

So in the summary, I have the strength now I just need the speed - and I will get it.

Oh, and the time? 18:22 - but I will break 18 this year or I will eat my shorts.

Thought for the day: Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment