Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Frozen toes

My feet were so cold tonight that I found myself changing back into my road shoes from spikes before we started the session - my liddle toesies were just coldie woldie - what the hell? Reality check [shakes head and taps side of head]. I am so soft these days, I don't know what's up with me. Sean was short sleeved and glove less - the fool, tough? yes, but still a fool.

And to tonight. The lads ran ten 400m reps with 60s jog recoveries - although the recovery ended up being closer to 90s but for once I wasn't complaining. It was a good turn out with Sean, Nick, Rob, Bruce and Rick - running as well as timing. After yesterday's race I could feel my legs beginning to buckle after the sixth so I cut the session short at eight - to avoid that terrible phase when you start to slow. It was all reasonably paced though, with splits of 77, 77, 75, 74, 75, 75, 74 and 74s and you have to take into account I was in my heavier road shoes. All in all I'm pretty happy with that.

Thought for the day: You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment