Tuesday, January 22, 2008

2.14% better

Oh no! I've gone all statistical - painful. I'm talking the improvement in calorie burn, from two weeks ago, on - you guessed it - my hour long cross country bike program. Obviously it was a new PB.

I was working like you wouldn't believe towards the end. I started off with an easy session in mind - not that the CC setting could ever truely be called easy. Once the thumping beat of my stereophonic equipment kicked in I couldn't help but crank up the effort a notch. By half way I was both knackered and aware of the fact that the calorie burn rate was higher than it's been before so I just kept cranking - careful with the spelling on that one.

I have to admit that I wasn't a pleasant sight come the end - not sure I'm ever a pleasant sight actually but that's another story. But I cleaned up my pool of fluid - there's a nice mental image for you - and put in some work on the weights before getting the hell out of there.

I have my first free evening for a while - not there aren't certain things I'd like to be doing - but I think operation feet up in front of the telly is the order of the evening. T minus 40 minutes and counting...

Thought for the day: Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment