Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Race ten complete

It was too windy to bother trying to race tonight - I could see that before we even got to the starting gun. My right calf muscle is tight and has been for a few days so I knew there was no way I would get near to my PB. So instead of trying to kill myself I decided to run a good hard training session and leave myself fully fit for tomorrow's track session.

I decided to aim to run even kilometre splits - which for the most part I managed. My pace was on about 3:47's with the exception of the third km which was a few seconds slower. The course is a bit up and down and we were into a tough headwind on the way home. I felt strong at the end but definitely working hard. The pace in mile terms was just outside 6 minute mileing so all in all it was a decent session.

Sean did well again, finishing only 4s off his PB and I recon you could knock ten seconds off that for the windy conditions, so well done.

Thought for the day: "Luge strategy? Lie flat and try not to die." - Carmen Boyle (Olympic Luge Gold Medal winner 1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment