Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another windy Wednesday

I've just done a few calculations and if everything goes to plan I will have raced the equivalent of one 12 mile race every week this year until the end of March. Looking at my upcoming schedule, the equivalent weekly race distance for the month of March will be in the region of 17-18 miles - you beauty.

Tonight's session on the track was quite a gentle, short distance affair. We knocked out two starter 400's (in 74's apiece) and then six 300's with quite a long recovery to enable us to really leggit. Bearing in mind I've never run a 300 quicker than 51 seconds tonight's set of six where, 51, 50, 49, 47, 48 and 49! I can't quite believe I ran that quick. It's fair to say we were taken from behind (ooh er misses) by the wind down the back straight but it got its revenge in the last 50m, where it was 'bring you to a stop' strong in your face. I'm really chuffed by tonight's effort and flabber-ghasted by the speed.

Nick was absolutely flying tonight; never seen him looking so swiftly as he did tonight, never seen him run so fast... he was bashing out 43/44s consistently. Rob, too, was on a flyer. He was hitting consistent 48's before a 47 and then just inside 46 on the last one. He was really gunning for Nick on that last one - fair play, guvnor.

And we had a new boy tonight, Gareth, and I'm sure it won't be too long before he's over taking me - since he already whoops me at the 5k.

Thought for the day: On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.

PS, I am posting this on Wednesday but I have been locked out of my blog by Bloggers 'spam-prevention robot' - apparently, it's some kind of off shoot from google's skynet research project, the T-850 terminator, sent from the future to destroy me before I can hatch my deadly plan for world domination - either that or just a simple glitch and hopefully will be sorted shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment