Thursday, February 22, 2007

Even more tired....

We were lucky with the weather tonight up at the zoo. It looked like we were in for a wet one but the rain held off and we made it round in the dry - excellent. It was ye olde, single lap followed by a small lap, times four with about 90s recovery. I was consistent again tonight with 3:00, 2:24, 3:00, 2:23, 3:01, 2:24, 3:00 and 2:23. For me, it was as quick as last week which was in itself was as quick as I've gone. The last couple of laps were tough and if it weren't for Lisa breathing down my neck on the very last small lap I wouldn't have made it round in the target zone. My legs were on a wobble coming up the final gradient but I just managed to find that little extra to keep the pace good.

I'm glad that's the last session of the week because I'm sorely in need of a rest. I'm beginning to flag a little. Don't get me wrong, it really has been another good solid week for me and I'm pleased with my performances. They've all been towards the quicker end of my spectrum, it's just I need a day off. I've run five days back to back including the duathlon so a rest is well deserved. It won't be much of a rest though as I need to get out on the bike on Saturday to have a practice ahead of the Castle Combe duathlon in a weeks time. Need to try and find a good route were I can burn some rubber....

No comments:

Post a Comment