Sunday, February 25, 2007

My Quantocks are feeling a bit tired....

It was an enjoyable little run this morning over the Quantock Hills. The race covered about 7 miles and 1800ft of climb. It was blowing a gale on the top, making it hard work but down below the top it was really rather pleasant - and it didn't even rain on us. It was an interesting course with a little of everything, steep climbs, steep descents, mud and a few streams to boot - that is, I got a booter crossing the final stream - but the gortex flyrocs definitely helped to minimise water intake - which was nice.

I was pleased to break the hour, 58:26, finishing in sixth place and only about five minutes down on winner (I think but not totally sure so don't quote me). Have to admit I put in some good hard effort early on in the race but then eased back once my position was decided - which I guess was about two thirds distance. No point in killing myself - it's only a race after all - but another one I shall be adding to the list of do agains. It was a good course, tough but fair and the competitors were a friendly bunch making it a nice friendly affair to be part of. Have to say thanks and well done to the organisers for putting on the race - one of whom won it - fair play.

I managed to get some OK footage of the race this time (still a little on the pointy down side but I've managed to cobble together the best bits). Video to follow later.

Thought for the day: Don't cry because it's over - Smile because it happened.



The Quantock Race

No comments:

Post a Comment