Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Been a Good Few Days Training

So I hit my fifth day of running in a row - and it was totally planned. I set the alarm and got up before work for a crafty 30-minute workout on the treadmill. I repeated the Hill/Tempo session of a week or two ago but cranked up the incline a little (actually almost double) from last time while keeping the pace as prescribed. It was a good solid run.

Despite it being my fifth run in as many days (I ran 8km of tempo-ish intervals yesterday) I don't feel much fatigue. That suggests the five days haven't provided much training benefit but during each workout I've felt I've worked pretty hard. Some of the sessions definitely weren't a stroll in the park.

To finish the day's training, I completed a 55-minute group workout on the bike. That, too, was a good solid workout. My legs started to burn in the last couple of the repeats and I was glad of the recovery but again, I don't feel it was a session too far because it was hard but fair. I wasn't dying, just working hard.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I kind of want to keep the 'run' going but if I need a rest I'll take one. If not, I'll crack on...

No comments:

Post a Comment