Tuesday, July 15, 2014

And That Makes Three

Well I made it across to Caerleon for the LCL Road Race tonight and I didn't go too badly. Didn't set the world on fire but I think I ran about as hard as I could have. I certainly pushed myself into the sick zone on both of the last climbs and the finish sprint.

I went off steadily, towards the back of the field and warmed myself into the race. Picking up places the entire way. It's surprising how much that helps. At first I made big gains but by half way things were more settled but I continued to steadily edged my way past runner after runner until the finish.

I finished the 9.7km in a non-too-speedy 44:45 but it my defense - and this sounds like operation excuses excuses - it is a reasonably tough, undulating course and more importantly, I am very very slow these days...

Glad I ran though. I'm going to try and put some more road races in my race calendar. Let's face it. Trying to knuckle down to some speed sessions, at this stage is going to be a bit optimistic so for now I will try and use a few road races as my training. It's worked for me in the past so hopefully will again. This all sounds a bit like deja vu but I really am going to try this time - honest Guv!

No comments:

Post a Comment