Monday, February 08, 2010

I think I'm about to rant

and it mostly has nothing to do with running. Well actually the rant has nothing to do with running and the blog post is mostly off topic, hence mostly nothing to do with running. Here goes...

Why is it that, having subscribed to the Junk Mail Opt Out thingy on the web - that would be the mail preference service - that the Royal Mail is still allowed to deliver what can only be described as junk mail? I'm talking, of course, about the Royal Mail's very only junk mail!

They claim that they have to be able to deliver this crap because it sometimes includes special government notices and advice. Well, to be honest, the government advice mail is always a big crock of shit - and a huge waste of money - and, no doubt, lines the pockets of some mate of big Gord, with the contract to design and print the drivel. Well, I'm sick of it. Practically 73% of my household waste is made up of this shit.

Let me be brutally honest. I don't want this crap. I never asked for it - hang on, signing the Mail Preference Service I specifically requested not to receive it - and it's destroying the environment. Killing Polar Bears. Melting the ice cream - caps - and evaporating the ozone layer to let through the Suns UV death ray.

If this government - nee, the worlds governments - where truly serious in saving the planet they could start with making junk mail illegal. There is no need for it. It is needless waste in it purest form.

The journey of a thousand saved environments starts with a single outlawing of junk mail.

Oh, and my legs are very stiff from yesterdays run - but oh, want a run...

No comments:

Post a Comment