NOT. Looks like the bloody forecasters might have actually gotten it right for once. Tomorrow's long mountain run might have to be curtailed somewhat. I really need to get out there and run in the hills but... well, if the mountain forecast unfolds to be anywhere near its predicted heavy rain and thunder then I ain't going. I need a long run where I actually manage to run some of it not a slow trudge in tricky conditions.
No, me thinks I shall have to get out somewhere in the forest. Maybe there's a chance I could go run the Malvern Hills from Holly Bush but even there I'll be pretty exposed to the conditions. At least in the forest I can try and route myself out of the worst of it. I just hope I can be tough enough on myself to get out and run come what may - because I really really need to keep the momentum building.
As to tonight it was another case of almost but not quite. Today at work went pretty well - mind you, I managed to shut down the works at 2 o'clock - doh - but TT got things re-started promptly, putting the water back into supply.
During the drive home things looked promising but by the time I got home it was p!$$ing down. I wouldn't have been surprised to hear thunder - and it still might. So instead of a pleasant run it was back to the bike and then a row. And as the rain decided to pour I hope it keeps on coming and then maybe it'll all be gone by tomorrow - forever hopeful...