Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Low Ebb

After my best weekend of training for ages I've come down to earth with a bump. Work was... tiresome. I think the new sap system may well be the death of me. I can see I'm going to be spending more of my week wrapped up in red tape and less actually doing the job I'm employed to do. What's going to happen once I'm no longer as productive as once I was? There are only 40 hours in my working week....

What I have is a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. If you let me do my job now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will fill in your paperwork, I will spend less time doing my actual job, and I will be less productive...

All of which means I need to kick back and relax. No training tonight - my legs could do with the recovery anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment