Wednesday, August 08, 2012

That Weren't Easy

but I made it. All 26.5 glorious kilometres of it and it didn't rain once. The sun never showed up, mind, and it was pretty humid but I'm not complaining. Some of the views were fantastic and I actually felt pretty good for the first 18-20km. Even had a reasonable pace going in places. Then the wheels didn't so much drop off as buckle and I was reduced to a crawl. Was I ever glad to see the car across the valley - pity it was still 2km away though...

Anyway, I set out at 11 o'clock from the Barrow Wake View Point near the Air Balloon roundabout and headed north along the Cotswold way towards Birdlip. Before I reached there I turned east and northward to pick up the Gloucestershire Way and Ultimately the Cotswold Way near the end of what would be Leg 3 of the Cotswold Way Relay. From there I followed the CW back to the car along part of would be Leg 4 CWR. All in all I pleased to have got another long run in. Longest to date so far, adding another 6km to my previous furthest and best of all, I didn't get wet. A win win all round - except my legs feel like they need to be amputated...

Today's run;
The 26.5km with about 500m of ascent (1,600ft)

No comments:

Post a Comment