Thursday, August 09, 2012

Brecon Beacons Or Bust

At this point in time I am aiming to run the Brecon Beacons race on Saturday. I won't be competing. I'll just be trying to get around the 30km route. It will be by far the toughest challenge since my two weeks out with illness. I'm not sure I will make it but you can rest assured I will give it my best. As a foot note, if it looks like it's going to be stinking hot then I'll not be heading over. I'm mad not insane.

Today I got out with Martin at lunch and we ran the Dundry loop. I wasn't sure I'd make it over the top and was fully prepared to turn tail and head home short of the summit. My legs felt utterly kak after yesterday's run - and it was humid like a Swedish Sauna. Heavy legged I plodded. Hitting the climb I was shuffling. By the top I was almost running on the spot but running I was and over the top I went. The downhill didn't go much quicker as I stomped along. I completed the 7.2km in a time so slow I can't even bare to disclose it. Suffice to say it was very very slow. But I got around and I ran the whole way. Wind the clock back two weeks and I wouldn't have made the summit. I am improving - but slowly. Read my lips, I will be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment