Friday, August 10, 2012

I'm Teetering...

The forecast for tomorrow looks much like today. Hot! At my current level of fitness that's just going to be too hot to attempt tomorrow's Brecon Beacons fell race. My legs feel fully recovered from the last two days running. I reckon I'd be able to get round the course - slowly - but not in heat like this. Fully fit it wouldn't be pleasant. I'm not good in the heat at the best of times. As I am right now it would be fool hardy of me to attempt it. I shall rise early doors and see what the weather looks like before I rule it out but at the moment I can't see it. It will be disappointing but when the dust settles I'd rather live to run another day. If I do shy off I probably go run in the forest in order to get some shade...

On other matters, the damn aphids are having a go at my chillies - bastards. My attempts to hold them at bay with natural remedies are failing so I have had to resort to a pesticide spray. It's not my fault. I didn't want to do it but they forced my hand. Now I shall send them to hell in a chemical inferno. There will be no smoking of a kipper for those little green devils. They will not be coming back for breakfast....

No comments:

Post a Comment