Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Extra Extra

Read all about it. Having been able to put my feet up for five minutes I've turned my attention to loosely planning my year in running.

My main goal for the year is going to be an ultra challenge. Having chatted through things with a couple of friends from Chepstow I think the 76 miles and 30,000 feet of the South Wales Traverse should present a worthy leg up on the path the ultra enlightenment. And I have a few of them interested in having a crack at it with me. Going to need to drum up some support runners for the attempt as well though. Any takers? The main thing to all this, is that in my mind, I feel capable of going the distance. After a few years in the running wilderness I feel the strength returning. The force is strong in me. My initial idea is to go for the attempt the last weekend in May, with its bank holiday for recovery.

Additionally for early season I've entered the Dursley Dozen, The May Hill Massacre and the Hogweed Hilly Half. I've also sent off my entry for the Long Mynd Valleys race - it's a British or English champs and has been moved so it doesn't clash with the Dozen - bloody kind of them! It's a bloody good race and hopefully, if everything goes to plan, I should get close to my 2005 time and possibly even nudge under the two hour mark.

Moving further into the year I'm going to put in for Ennerdale, Wasdale and possibly even Borrowdale - provided I get my entries in on time, as they're always popular races. It is about time I stepped up to a few of the more challenging races - This year I feel I'm going to have the stomach for the battle. By the Power Of Greyskull....

No comments:

Post a Comment