Saturday, November 29, 2008

Up the Blorenge

Racing today over at the Blorenge. Ah, the old up and down of the Blorenge - with a little across but most definitely nearly almost straight up and back down again. Well off we set but within a few minutes my feet were killing me, well not actually pointing a gun or chopping at me with a machete or anything but it felt like they were cramping - really painfully cramping. My progress up the evil hill was slow - and funnily enough, painful. I was in around 20th place at the top but after a good downhill section I finished in 13th - unlucky for some. But my feet? Blimey O'Reilly they were painful. I hobble back to the car to give them a rub.

Helen faired better, placing 9th and whooping me out of sight. I was a whole 159 seconds slower than last year, and even accounting for the unseasonably painful feet, they wouldn't have cost me more than thirty seconds, so it's sadly back to the drawing board...

Thought for the day: There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment