Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just about trumped last weeks effort

Yeah for me. After what turned out to be a tough session yesterday I have to admit I faltered today. I was very near to missing my 8's but you'll be glad to know - or not, as the case may be - that the return of the Mad Runner continues unabated - well, ok, maybe just a little bit abated - but not much.

I managed to get my ever expanding butt over to the track for some more 800's with the same, sharp sixty seconds recovery as last week. Even the rain could not shift me from my focus. Up from last weeks five, tonight, I made it six reps and my splits were about the same, 2:51, 2:47, 2:47, 2:48, 2:50, 2:47. The rain came down on the last two and the wind on the home straight made it hard going for the entire session but my iron will got me through.

It's more track for me tomorrow - but shorter stuff, please Rick, shorter stuff...

Thought for the day: Be wiser than other people, if you can, but do not tell them so.

No comments:

Post a Comment