Saturday, March 01, 2008

Three in a row...

Yes, that's the third race in a row that I have been beaten by a girl - it's habit that I really want to break - but on the current form of said girl, that's likely to be a tough ask - still, where there's life there's a chance.

It was good conditions today at the Llanthony fell race apart from the stiff breeze but it was the same for everyone so mustn't grumble. It was a new course this year on account of land permissions etc. Turned into a straight up and down, although the down was a bit more technical than normal.

I was beaten today, by the better runner. I don't think I ran badly - I think I will score towards 90 - which is about as good as I go and I made the top ten in eighth or ninth. It's just that the girl scored higher. I'm not going to admit how much faster, suffice to say that, for example - and this is only as an example - being beaten by 1 minute and 25s on a three mile course is an utter, utter thrashing. Now, that is just an example mind - it is - really, just an example. Not real. I couldn't be beaten by that amount - that would be ridiculous - wouldn't it?...

Well done to Helen F for another fine victory in the women's race and sixth overall.

Thought for the day: Everyday you set a new PB - for number of consecutive days you've stayed alive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done - another top ten finish.
I was 27th today in the Gwent which confirmed that 24th last time out at Brecon wasn't such a fluke. I increased my lead in the V50 class, took the gold medal and helped the Harriers to silver plate in the V50 team prize. The seniors were even graced by the presence of Mark D.
Sean was 5th overall in the Junior/U17, but most importantly finished (3rd race on the trot).
R

Anonymous said...

forgot to mention; Kevin F really knows how to wind up the Harriers by using the photo of me in the Bristol vest last night in the Post. Does he really not have one of me in a Westbury vest?

Post a Comment