Saturday, March 01, 2008

Three in a row...

Yes, that's the third race in a row that I have been beaten by a girl - it's habit that I really want to break - but on the current form of said girl, that's likely to be a tough ask - still, where there's life there's a chance.

It was good conditions today at the Llanthony fell race apart from the stiff breeze but it was the same for everyone so mustn't grumble. It was a new course this year on account of land permissions etc. Turned into a straight up and down, although the down was a bit more technical than normal.

I was beaten today, by the better runner. I don't think I ran badly - I think I will score towards 90 - which is about as good as I go and I made the top ten in eighth or ninth. It's just that the girl scored higher. I'm not going to admit how much faster, suffice to say that, for example - and this is only as an example - being beaten by 1 minute and 25s on a three mile course is an utter, utter thrashing. Now, that is just an example mind - it is - really, just an example. Not real. I couldn't be beaten by that amount - that would be ridiculous - wouldn't it?...

Well done to Helen F for another fine victory in the women's race and sixth overall.

Thought for the day: Everyday you set a new PB - for number of consecutive days you've stayed alive.