Thursday, March 27, 2008

Got out and did it

Managed to get my fat, sloppy arse off the sofa and out for a run - there's a first. I even managed to go the full distance. In fact, slightly over distance, weighing in at 10.5 miles and 1,000 feet of ascent up over Dundry and far away - well, not that far but far enough.

I started off running like a tub of lard. I just didn't feel smooth or flowing. After about forty minutes I finally started to get a bit of rhythm. Where the first forty minutes where hard work, uncomfortable and if I'm honest, totally forgettable, the last thirty five where an absolutely joy. OK, perhaps that's taking it a bit far but it was good to feel as though I was running properly again - long may that feeling continue.

I feel 100 per cent better about this Saturday's race now. I'm quite looking forward to it now - almost as much as other activities...

Thought for the day: Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes - that way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment