Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Looks like I made it

That's right, I made it out for a run.

I decided I wanted to do hill reps tonight. I haven't done any focused hill stuff for ages - in fact, I don't think I've run a hill session this year! So after a long stint at work, I finally made it to the gym by about half six. Five minutes later, wearing nothing but my skin tight body suit, I headed out to them thar hills.

I wanted to start back easy so I only did six, two minutes efforts up a fairly steep hill with a 2 minute jog back down. I hasten to add that six was all I was attempting - after all, I didn't want to cause too much of a shock to the system. Not that six was in any way easy for me. I ran hard and by the fourth I was beginning to feel sick at the finish. After the sixth I practically keeled over but after I recovered I realised it felt good - the inner smile returned - not that the inner smile hasn't been with me lately - I've had the inner smile for weeks now.

So after that I headed into the gym for, you guessed, a session on the bike. Not wanting to do myself in I only managed 45 minutes but boy was that a hard 45 minutes. My legs felt so weak and I was way down on my best but plenty above my worst so I'm happy.

Then it was onto the weights for an abs, biceps, triceps, shoulders and chest work. I finally made it home by quarter to nine. Totally knackered but totally satisfied with a good days work - now all I need is some play...

Thought for the day: When the stars are out they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment