Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Totally up for it

After a lack lustre day yesterday I hoped - nay, prayed - I would be up for it today. It was another session of five 1000m reps - in the wind and pouring rain - was I put off? - you bet your a#&e I was - but it didn't stop me.

Sean, following recent injury, was rehabilitating with the longer stuff so joined me with the 1k's. I say joined but it was more a case of waved good bye at the start of each rep and waved the finish flag for me as I got to the line. In all honesty though I'm glad he's so much faster because he has probably the worst heel flick in the world and I was getting covered in dirty water as I followed in his wake! The session was great though, I was an average of 8s a rep quicker than last week and 5s quicker than my first week, hitting 3:28, 3:26, 3:25, 3:27 and 3:26 - and conditions were far from good . All in all it was a thoroughly bloody great session. Sean was no slouch either, knocking out 3:13's - and he was holding back to protect the injury - can't be bad.

The rest of the scooby gang (Nick, Jamie, Rob and Matt) ran six 400m + 200m reps with a 60s recovery between the 4 and the 2. Not sure how it went but to my expert eye the 4's looked a little quick - but what do I know?

Well, with my spirits lifted it's back to the painting......

Thought for the day: Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

Dave ... whw 08 entry forms are out. If you are interested in doing the race I would encourage you to enter as soon as possible as it looks like it will fill up quickly. Go the whw web site to send email for the form.
Send me an email at jkynaston@bigfoot.com and we can chat about it.
John

Post a Comment