Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Totally up for it

After a lack lustre day yesterday I hoped - nay, prayed - I would be up for it today. It was another session of five 1000m reps - in the wind and pouring rain - was I put off? - you bet your a#&e I was - but it didn't stop me.

Sean, following recent injury, was rehabilitating with the longer stuff so joined me with the 1k's. I say joined but it was more a case of waved good bye at the start of each rep and waved the finish flag for me as I got to the line. In all honesty though I'm glad he's so much faster because he has probably the worst heel flick in the world and I was getting covered in dirty water as I followed in his wake! The session was great though, I was an average of 8s a rep quicker than last week and 5s quicker than my first week, hitting 3:28, 3:26, 3:25, 3:27 and 3:26 - and conditions were far from good . All in all it was a thoroughly bloody great session. Sean was no slouch either, knocking out 3:13's - and he was holding back to protect the injury - can't be bad.

The rest of the scooby gang (Nick, Jamie, Rob and Matt) ran six 400m + 200m reps with a 60s recovery between the 4 and the 2. Not sure how it went but to my expert eye the 4's looked a little quick - but what do I know?

Well, with my spirits lifted it's back to the painting......

Thought for the day: Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.