Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Slippery teeth and bananas

The talk at the track turned high brow tonight with talk of banana eating and slippery smooth teeth. I don't know what they're putting in the lads water but I think I should try it!

It was a wet and windy night and after yesterdays run I felt a bit tired. I ran an 800m followed immediately by a 400m then three more 800's with about three minute recovery. The 800's where slow at between 2:40 and 2:43 with the 400 at 74s. Never the less I pushed as hard as I could. The head wind into the home straight got stronger with each lap making the times slower than the effort would suggest. My heart rate hit 182 on the final 800 which is getting on for 95% of my maximum (which is about 190). That's pretty high for such a slow session but I guess the wind played its part. I'm definitely ready for a rest. Going to take it easy for the next three or four days.

The lads did well tonight, they ran an 800m followed by a 30s recovery then a 400m with a two minute recovery before repeating twice more. Then they finished off with four 300m reps with a 90s recovery. They all ran well and although they went the way of exploding lap on the first 800m - as usual - way too fast, they finished strong and had some storming 300's. Sean and Rob gave it some on the third 300m, thinking it was the last one, beating Nick and Harry. To their credit they gave it some again on the final one, not quite as quick but they gave everything so hats off - Harry and Nick got their revenge.

Now where are those bananas.......

No comments:

Post a Comment