Thursday, November 23, 2006

Round the square we go

It was the Clifton college session tonight. Eight 1 lap reps with a pretty tight recovery. I managed five really good strong ones and another lesser one. On my sixth, and final lap, my legs just went. There was nothing left. I had given my all. I decided to call it a day, or should that be night.

The lap is about 660m, according to the gps, which I have to say is usually spot on. The turns on the lap are tight and with the leafs under foot, it was a little slippy in places. My splits were 2:13, 2:16, 2:15, 2:14, 2:15 and 2:35 (but I'd slowed to a jog on that last one). That equates to 81s for 400m and taking into account the slippery tight turns I'm actually really pleased with the way the session went. My third hard day in a row and I have to say I've surprised myself how well I've gone.

I have an easy run planned for tomorrow. In fact, I shall be taking it easy from here on in to the marathon. The hard sessions are over for at least a few weeks. Oh am I looking forward to the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment