Tuesday, January 01, 2019

So The New Tack Began...

With a little jaunt around a small corner of the forest at the New Years Day Orienteering Score Event and in typical Creber style it had a few little surprises to set it apart from a normal score event... Not least of which was a fifty point bonus for those lucky enough to find - and then carry round the rest of the course - a small breeze-block. Bloody lucky them!

I had a pretty good outing and finished middle of the pack. I was happy with that as I wasn't expecting much. Could have been a top quarter finish if not for the second Creber surprise - roaming controls. After spending three or four minutes playing hide and seek with the sneaky Judith, aka the human tree, I decided I couldn't waste any more time trying to find the high point control and moved on. After that, I didn't bother with any more of the roaming controls and moved through the rest of the course to come home with just a minute to spare.

Good to be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment