Monday, April 02, 2018

Raging Torrent...

But luckily for me I only had to cross it as I finished checking the route markers where all in place around Gilwern Hill for today's Gilwern Grunt.

I actually quite enjoyed the run, keeping an eagle eye out for the markers to make sure they were where they should be. It has to be said though, it was very went underfoot, not to mention positively snowy. Parts of the track around the hill had literally turned into a stream - all thoughts of keeping my feet dry came to a very rapid demise.

After my run I had time for a nice brew back at the car before donning the waterproofs and heading back out to marshal. It was my pleasure to have to send those poor intrepid souls up the raging torrent - most looked to be still smiling as they paddled their way up stream...






No comments:

Post a Comment