Sunday, April 15, 2018

A Spot Of Sheep Un-Rustling

After the completion of another successful mission water station (the Bigsweir Bridge branch) at this years Offa's Orra, us townies tried a spot of sheep un-rustling...

An errant lamb had somehow escaped the shackles of its prison field. With the gate only a few metres from the water station we thought we'd gently usher it back into its field - but with a massive puddle in front of the gate, it wasn't having any of it...

Anyway, having ushered it past the gate twice and totally failed to get it to go in, it was on a dangerous collision course with the main road but a shout and a holla at some walkers ahead managed to get the errant lamb headed away from the road and back towards the gate. I wasn't going to let it pass the gate a third time...

As it neared the gate it looked to have worked out that that's where is was supposed to go to get back into the field - but it put its front feet in the puddle and thought, f*(% that for a game of soldiers, I ain't getting wet feet... With it looking to pass by a third time I moved in and managed to scoop it up before it legged it away - I've still got a turn of speed, me. With lamb in arms, I waded through the puddle to safely deposit the lamb back in the field before exiting stage left - and then I noticed all the mud smeared down my jeans and on my coat. Grrrrrhh.




No comments:

Post a Comment