Monday, February 29, 2016

Week Eleven Begins

Well it was a good weekend of training. A good run Saturday and even better - and unexpected - row Sunday. I am getting fitter and feeling better for it. I can no longer pinch (more than) an inch on the waist line and the six pack is getting there. There is still work to do. I still need to lose a bit more fat but as the routine forms and the momentum builds, I will get there. I know, I know, I'm so vain - damn you Carly Simon - but there it is.

I really feel like I still have a sub 20 minute 5k in me. Come to that, I reckon I've a fair shout at a sub 40 minute 10k. I know I'm a man of the mountain an' all that but dammit, I started out a road runner and I'm not over the hill yet. I know I don't have the genetics of a world champion, the VO2max of Haile Gebrselassie but I know if I train wise I can get there. The clock continues to be turned back....

Oh, almost forgot. Rest day today so just forty five minutes on the bike and some core work.

No comments:

Post a Comment