Wednesday, January 08, 2014

What The Hell Was I Thinking?

It was weekly shop night tonight. Normally Thursday's delight but I thought I'd get it out the way early. By the way, I have a feeling there's not going to be much talk of running tonight but heck, life's unfair sometimes.

Anyway, as I cruised the veg isle - as you do, attempting to look like a new man with all sorts of healthy stuff in the singleton mini trolley, just in case - I had, what can only be described as a total brain spasm. There can be no other explanation for what occurred.

I like to mix things up with a bit of random veg - ooh, living life on the edge, that's me. It gets me cooking different things - nothing wrong with that, you say and you'd be right - normally - but tonight, inexplicably, as I departed the veg isle for better pastures, there, staring up at me were leeks - okay, not too bad - and sprouts! Seriously! Leeks and sprouts! What the f*(k am I going to cook with leeks and frickin' sprouts. I'm hoping it was a one off.

Right, I'm off to research recipes....

No comments:

Post a Comment