Thursday, October 18, 2007

Three

Well, I managed to fit in three hard sessions this week - the first time for a good few months and you know what? I feel fine.

With the National Road Relays on Saturday there was no Mike D session tonight so instead I went for a steady run in Ashton Court and clocked up a decent enough 55 minutes. I really had my heart set on another tough session so when I came to the zig-zags, in the bottom woods, I could not resist. I decided it would be highly sensible to run five hill loops. What's good about the zig-zag loop is you get a good effort on the way up and because the loop continues round and down on a treacherous, stony path you get good downhill practice as well - bargain. Anyway, once I had the hill reps out the way I was pumped and ran through the twisty, windy mountain bike path at pretty much full tilt. I was bombing and basically blasted the last 25 minutes back to the gym...

... Where - obviously - I put in a 45 minute session on the bike on high interval resistance. I was off the seat a few times with the effort I can tell you. Then it was onto the weights for a bit of work on the old upper body strength. Now that's the way to clock up a 2hr20 session after work - nice.

And you know what? I think I might have a rest day tomorrow before attempting twenty on Saturday on the route that I lovingly refer to as old faithful...

Thought for the day: There's no sense in fighting over the scraps that others might or might not throw under the table. Instead, get busy and create your own magnificent feast.