Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It was massive...

I don't think I've ever seen such a big one...... the turn out at the Bridge Inn. Why, what did you think I was talking about? You smutty lot. It was possible the biggest field ever assembled!!!

I had a poor run. My tactic of blasting out fast and hanging on was perfect apart from the fact that I didn't blast out fast and nor did I hang on. No I'm kidding, I did blast out fast - too fast - even for the blast out fast and hang on technique. I got to 2k and I was shagged. That's another fine plan I didn't execute well, Stanly.

I have no excuses though. I should have been able to stay the distance better. OK, my first km was probably slightly the wrong side of suicidal but that's still no excuse and I make none. Anyway, I finished in 18:32 and got beaten by Mike T, who came past in the last km or so. I foresaw he was a danger from that run at Ashton two weeks ago and so it came to pass, as 'twas written in the prophecy. For the record my splits were - no laughing - 3:23, 3:34, 3:47, - I said no laughing - 3:54, 3:54. If only I could have held those last two at 3:47s, that would have almost been respectable - but I couldn't, so there 'tis. Rest assured I will return and I will conquer.

Suzanne H had another great run, improving her PB down to 19:39 (13s quicker than last time). It's sub 19:30 for her next time. And Sean, after arriving with just 3 minutes to go to the start, owing to Bristol's poor bus service, had a flier and also claimed a new PB at 16:17 (a 10s improvement). I think he might have something there with the get bundled from the car at the last minute warm up technique - I might try it at the next race.

On the upside, at least I've got the track session to look forward to tomorrow. Where I hope to perform my penance for tonight.

Thought for the day: Life is made up of giving and getting and forgiving and forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment