Saturday, October 20, 2007

Nice words of encouragement

Thanks for the comment on temptation and were it not for the fact that I'm just in from a 15 miler followed by an hours hard interval on the bike my balance would have been tipped. But it's a bit academic now as I'm a fair tad knackered.

It was really good to get back out there for a long run though but I found it hard to get going. I was twenty minutes in before I really started to feel comfortable and able to pick up the pace. At the finish my average mile pace was just over sevens so that really wasn't too bad.

I've decided I'm not going to race next week - it's just too far to go in a day - we're talking 400 miles of driving plus the 'challenging' race. Instead I shall definitely run a twenty miler and I might recce part of the Green Man Challenge route. For those who haven't heard about the GMC, it's a 45 mile route along the Community Forest Path around Bristol - and it might just manage to kick start my preparations to complete the entire path inside eight hours - which I hasten is on my list of mad things to do. If I like what I see I might consider an attempt in the early part of next year...

Thought for the day: Life is gloriously difficult. The universe is wonderfully complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment