Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The magic number...

Can you adam and eve it? What? This is my four hundredth blog post in just a little over a year!!! - What a sad bastard I am.

Anyway, it was even shorter stuff on the track this week than last. 300's and 200's - it was a bloody ace session though. I've run slightly quicker three's in my time, in fact I've run slightly quicker two's as well - but never as many in row or off as short recoveries as we had tonight.

We ran six 300's with 45s recovery using the rhythm technique - oops, I mean the rotational technique - it makes the session go quicker! Then a jogged lap before six 200's with 30s recovery. Then as we completed the final warm down lap, "a 400 for luck", shouts Rick and off we went. My 3's were 50, 50, 50, 50, 52, 53 and the 2's were 32, 33, 33, 33, 33, 33 with the final 4 in 77s. My lungs were bursting - everything was bursting but the groin held together and all in all it was a very satisfying session. I was fair ready to club Rick to death should he try and make us run any more reps - he lived.

We were a bit thin on the ground tonight. Sean continues to look impressive and Jamie and I were like peas in a pod. He finished a bit ahead of me on some and me ahead of him on others. What am I saying, we looked nothing like peas - or pods for that matter.

Thought for the day: Know yourself and be happy with you, then the need to impress others will become unnecessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment